Who Are The Knights
The Knights of Columbus is the world’s largest Catholic family fraternal service organization with 1.7 million members committed to the exemplification of charity, unity, fraternity, and patriotism. It provides members and their families with volunteer opportunities in service to the Catholic Church, their communities, families and young people. Knights of Columbus Worldwide
As a member of the Knights of Columbus you and your family enjoy many benefits, including 12 free issues annually of Columbia magazine, the world’s largest Catholic family magazine, eligibility to join the Knights of Columbus top-ranked life insurance program, and many more family and personal benefits.
As a member of the Sterling Council you can enrich yourself by charitable works in following areas:
- Church Activities – Church Lecturers; Eucharistic Ministry (both at St Richards and local nursing home); Weekly Mass Greeter’s Program; Sister Villages support (set up and clean up); church beautification; Spiritual Reading Services; Outdoor Chapel and Memorial Bricks
- Youth Activities – Soccer Challenge (annual shoot-out ) ; Free Throw Competition (annual basketball shoot-out) Both open to all Sterling youth leading to state finals!
- Family Activities – Mulligan Golf Event; support of the elderly and a recognition program for our married couples
- Community Service – My Brother’s Keeper (monthly food collection); Palm Sunday Promenade support (Ecumenical walk and fundraiser); Coats for Kids & Baby Bottle Drive fundraisers
- Council Activities – Tootsie Roll Drive (to raise funds for intellectually challenged)
How to Join
Membership in the Knights of Columbus is open to practicing Catholic men in union with the Holy See, who are at least 18 years old. A practicing Catholic is one who lives up to the Commandments of God and the precepts of the Church.
If you are interested in becoming a Knight, please contact St. Richard’s Rectory for more information by calling 978-422-8881 or please click here to contact us:Contact